Following the new GDPR regulations and you enquiries, we have set up this page as a step by step guide to make sure people are seeing the details you want them to see. Also, due to these regulations, if the person you are looking for doesn't have their information updated on Find a Therapist or Member's Directory, we are NOT allowed to give it out, even to members. However, what we can do is forward emails or ring them with your contact details to get in touch with you.
However, thanks to the new updating system we have implemented, it is a lot simpler to choose who sees what.
In terms of making these changes, this is what you have to do:
1. To update your details, you mustn't go to the member's directory or register itself, but the Update Your Details page, which can be found under the Member's and Student's area tab as shown below.
2. Once you get onto that page, you will need to change your Contact Details which is shown in the red box below. You can either change the existing address which means you need to press the EDIT button or if you need to add an address it's the ADD ADDRESS button. So far, so straight forward.
3. Whilst previously certain type of addresses meant that it would appear in certain places, this is no longer the case. However you will need to make sure all your addresses are assigned a type as it will make the later stages easier. To change this, you need to click on the drop down menu that is listed as Address Type and select "Work". Once you are finished, you have to press the Update button.
4. Once you have done this, you will need to go back to the main Update Your Details page and click Your Online Profile Details.
Once you have clicked on that, you should be presented with a list of check boxes. All you need to do is tick the boxes of which addresses you want to show where.
4. It will take at least 24 hours before the change can be updated in the database, so do not worry if you cannot see yourself immediately. There are still a lot of people who haven't updated these settings so if you can't see them, it's probably because they haven't updated it yet.
If you have further issues with any of this, please get in contact either through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 02074317246. Bear in mind if you are emailing, please send screenshots of your problem as it is a lot quicker for me to sort out your problem if I can see what's happening.