We ask you to give us information about yourself for instance when you sign up for our events, workshops, training courses and membership. The higher level training course the more information we ask for so that we can give you the best possible training experience.
This policy explains what happens with this information.
Gaining your consent
When you contact IGA, we will tell you how your information will be used.
When you enrol on training programmes we may need to share your information with our training partners for courses running outside London, and later in your training with committees and panels that process your training progression.
If you apply to become a member of the IGA we will process your information to assist you as a member and for statistical purposes.
If you do not want us to share your information, you should let us know. However, there are times when we may still need to share it, for example:
- any stated purposes we tell you about when you supply us with information
- for the prevention and detection of a crime
- if we are required to do so by any court or law
What information do we record
The information we request from you may include personal or sensitive information, such as:
- first name
- email address
- telephone numbers
- date of birth
Sensitive personal information
- gender, ethnicity and marital status
- religious or other cultural beliefs
- physical or mental health or condition
- offences (including alleged offences)
- financial information, including bank account details, or debit/credit card information for payment purposes, as appropriate
What do we use it for?
We may also use some of the information you provide us with for other reasons, such as to:
- administer any events in which you participate or wish to participate
- offer you the best possible training and/or membership experience, where appropriate
- respond to any enquiries you make
- contact you about IGA events, offers and opportunities available from IGA by email or online, or by phone to solve a query (where you have indicated you are happy to hear about these event and in this way)
- maintain and ensure the accuracy of our records
- create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- meet our statutory obligations, for example visits by our own regulators
- prevent and detect crime
We recognise that the information you provide may be sensitive and we will respect your confidentiality. We keep information about you confidential. This means we store it securely and control who has access to it. We will not share any information where we are not legally required to do so.
We will only share such information as necessary, and where we are satisfied that the other organisation is entitled to receive it and will keep your information secure.
If you sign up to an IGA training course that is taking place outside of IGA London we will share your information as appropriate with the relevant Training Partner.
Training Partners which may change from time to time can be found in our National Training Prospectus.
Corrections and concerns
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us on Office@groupanalysis-uk.co.uk and we will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know on Office@groupanalysis-uk.co.uk and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems concerning our privacy practices, we will take these issues seriously and work to address them.
We are also known as the data controller. We are responsible for collecting and processing your personal information. Processing includes the organisation, retrieval, consultation, use and deletion or destruction of information and its disclosure to other agencies.
The information you provide will be processed mainly in connection with the administration of our services (events, training, membership). A full list of what information we control and process and for what purposes is set out in our notification with the Information Commissioner's Register of Data Controllers. Our registration number is Z695449X. You can view our registration at the Information Commissioner's website.
If you have difficulty understanding this information or want to ask more questions, please contact us.
The Institute of Group Analysis, 1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY